Thursday, December 23, 2010

Waiting

Its something that nothing of us like to do. In fact…I detest it.

In our society waiting is just not acceptable. We scream while we are in traffic, we freak out if there are two people ahead of us in line at the store. We are the microwave generation.

Lets face it ….Waiting is hard.

I was sharing my heart with one of my dear friends at a party and she encouraged me that God is planning something big for me with this time of waiting. As I heard her speak I was reminded of my Grandfather and his last conversation with me, imploring me to wait for the best and not to settle. (Which is huge because he wasn’t known for his sentimental conversations.)

As I was driving home one the radio I heard a voice speaking directly to me.

“Jesus understands you waiting woes. He understands how hard it is to want something so bad but it just not the time for it. Jesus came as a baby. He had all the shepards the first night and the wise man a few years later but what about the 30 years of waiting. He knew what was his destiny from the beginning and yet he had to go through the phases of life. He understands the pain and hardships of waiting. But look at what resulted from the waiting. During this holiday season remember hold out for God’s best. Don’t settle. “

Yeah…

I was speechless too. All I can say is he knows your pain and what you are going through, Whatever you are waiting for, he knows the pain of having all these dreams and desires and not being able to do anything about it…right now. Those dreams are for a reason. Everything Jesus learned in those 32 years no matter how small and insignifant they may had seemed at the time he used for the future. This time is important, use this time to develop your talent, or yourself…don’t waste it wishing that the time was up.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, I'm reading through a book called "Waiting on God" by Andrew Murray right now. I highly recommend it to you: http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/waiting/waiting.htm

    On Day 20, Murray writes: "God cannot gather the fruit until it is ripe He knows when we are spiritually ready to receive the blessing to our profit and His glory. Waiting in the sunshine of His love is what will ripen the soul for blessing. Waiting under the cloud of trial, that breaks in showers of blessing, is as necessary. Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious. God waited four thousand years, until the fullness of time, before he sent His Son."

    As I thought about your post and how much God has done in my in the last month, and the last year, I'm starting to think that maybe God's waiting on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ruth that is so amazing. I just keep thinking about all the people in the bible that had to "wait" for different thing in their life and I'm blown away by it. I never really thought about what was going on in those years of waiting for them.
    Some people waited up to 100 years for a son...I bet that was a lot of years of waking up wondering if today would be the day or tomorrow...I bet they had times where they wanted to give up. Where they felt they had false hope...yet true to his promise God arrived. Maybe later than they expected but it took those years of developing their faith for what he needed them to do.

    It just brings comfort and peace to the waiting.

    ReplyDelete