Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Year In Review

2010 was a year of extreme growth but with growth comes the trials that cause the growth. Part of me hates the pains of this year but at the same time I love the view from this year’s finish line.

I started the year out with heartache that led to further heartache and at the same time dealt with medical complications that was beyond what I would have ever imagined. I said many goodbyes this year. I saw the bottom.

Yet in the midst of the bottom I discovered the love of God. In my pain I felt my Heavenly Father hold me. I felt his forgiveness, his strength, his peace and his hand on my life in ways that I have never been so aware of.

And in his goodness I’m already seeing how he is using the mistakes of my past for his Glory. For the first time I’m seeing other people and their pain instead of focusing on my own.

I ran my 2nd Half-marathon this fall. It was an amazing and painful experience as I journey literally from my new house and the new stage it represents back to my old. God spoke to me through the pain of every step. Through the highs and lows, and the overwhelming view of all the people cheering me to finish the race and fight the good fight. I was surprised at the strength I felt as I finished.

I am a blessed woman that through this whole time have had people praying for me, friends and family standing beside me, and cheering me on to live the life that I was called to live. To not settle for anything less than Gods best.

The best is that there are a lot of chapters still to be written and Gods strength to bring me to even deeper relationship with him.

For the first time in awhile I’m truly excited to see what 2011 holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment