Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love in Patience

Love is Patient.

You will find these as the first few words of 1 Corinthians 13:4 that we all have heard time and time again.

I could quote the scripture at a drop of the hat. (Obviously I’m super spiritual J)

Yet for the first time I’m seeing it in a different light.

Merriam-Webster Defines Patient as:

1: bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
2: manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
3: not hasty or impetuous
4: steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity
5a : able or willing to bear —used with of

I always thought to show my love as patient I actually had to be will the person I am being patient with.

Yet I think it starts before the person is even in my life.

I think showing love is being patient enough to guard and protect my heart, my body, and my mind as I wait. I think its “bearing” with my singleness not only with out complaint but with victory. Running after the God who is the only one who can complete me anyway.

I think its using my hands to help and reach out to others instead of crying that there is no one to hold it.

I think its loving and serving those around me.

I think its doing everything to the excellence of God and being a tool that he can use to change things around me.

I don’t think being patient has to do with just sitting there doing nothing but rather loving the man enough before I meet him to be everything God created me to be.

So I love him enough to wait, because I know every second is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment