Sunday, February 6, 2011

Remembering

So one of the stories I’ve always been able to be challenged by is the story of the Israelites and their journey and life after Egypt. God had done so much for them to get them out of slavery, he led them day and night, and fed them with food from heaven and yet they kept complaining.

They forgot what God had done for them. They forgot how faithful he’s been to them and first chance they got they made something they felt could give them more joy and completion.

I’ve been really challenged lately by remembering…I always thought that remember was bad because you can’t live your life in the past, so I just don’t look back and in some ways just right off the journey and story of God’s faithfulness in my life.

So in my blog for a bit I’m going to give glory to God over the things I have seen in my already in my short life….not in a way of trying to live in those moments…but believe that I can see them again.


Bible Week July 1997

It was a time of a great move of the spirit and in our youth meeting ( I somehow got in although I felt really young for it). I felt barely saved on many aspects. I looked around the room and their were many cultures around me that I wasn’t used to. We had people from New Jersey, Indiana, Michigan, California, Illinois.  I remember one of the leaders getting on the microphone and saying that there are people in the audience that God has really moved on their hearts to receive the gift of healing for people. *

All of a sudden I found myself up at the front of the line desperate to pray for people, and I did. I don’t remember all the people I prayed for or what I said but God used me. I remember quickly after that I was worshiping God and he really stirred me to go pray from this tough looking girl with her arms crossed and standing in the back crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. I remember thinking umm…no way God. I will get knocked out I can’t do that. Then I opened my eyes and realized I was standing right in front of her. I remember asking if I could pray for her and she just shrugged. Then I watched as the spirit of God came heavy down on her as she fell to her knees in tears and surrender. I don’t remember what I said to her but I know that her friend came up to me later and said that exactly what was prayed over her was what was going on in her life. God used me even in my ignorance. I didn’t know all the theology or understood completely what was going on but he used an open heart and showed me what he could do when I was open to him. 







*Background information on teenage Jenny: I wasn’t at all a very outgoing person. I really didn’t like to be noticed and preferred to be a spectator. I didn’t have the words to say to people or anything to give I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment